UK: Pepsi signs Pop Idol star
Pepsi, distributed in the UK by Britvic Soft Drinks, has signed Gareth Gates, one of the stars of UK TV series Pop Idols as part of the brand's Music 2002 programme. He will join Britney Spears in the line up. "Gareth's achievements over the past few months perfectly epitomise Pepsi's Ask for More spirit, offering music fans more from their favourite stars," said brand controller Katie Rawll. "The partnership, in line with Britvic's Right Choice category management programme, will appeal to kids and parents alike and therefore grow sales and profits for our customers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down