UK: Pepsi signs Pop Idol star
Pepsi, distributed in the UK by Britvic Soft Drinks, has signed Gareth Gates, one of the stars of UK TV series Pop Idols as part of the brand's Music 2002 programme. He will join Britney Spears in the line up. "Gareth's achievements over the past few months perfectly epitomise Pepsi's Ask for More spirit, offering music fans more from their favourite stars," said brand controller Katie Rawll. "The partnership, in line with Britvic's Right Choice category management programme, will appeal to kids and parents alike and therefore grow sales and profits for our customers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research