UK: Pepsi signs Pop Idol star
Pepsi, distributed in the UK by Britvic Soft Drinks, has signed Gareth Gates, one of the stars of UK TV series Pop Idols as part of the brand's Music 2002 programme. He will join Britney Spears in the line up. "Gareth's achievements over the past few months perfectly epitomise Pepsi's Ask for More spirit, offering music fans more from their favourite stars," said brand controller Katie Rawll. "The partnership, in line with Britvic's Right Choice category management programme, will appeal to kids and parents alike and therefore grow sales and profits for our customers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts