JAMAICA: Pepsi sets up Red Stripe distribution deal
PepsiCo has secured a distribution deal with Red Stripe in Jamaica.
The agreement, announced yesterday (14 June), means Red Stripe will distribute the soft drinks' products on the Caribbean island. Financial details were not disclosed.
A consequence of the deal, however, is that around 70 of the 300 staff at Pepsi's bottling plant in the capital, Kingston, will be laid off.
Red Stripe will embark on distributing Pepsi products from 10 July.
Pepsi sells about 168m units per year in Jamaica.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
Self-regulatory moves announced by the US soft drinks industry this week have been condemned by advocates of tougher legislation. But, writes Ben Cooper, self-regulation often attracts such criticism ...
The case of a former Coca-Cola employee accused of trying to sell company secrets to PepsiCo is heating up ahead of the impending trial....
Coca-Cola Co has failed to register its Ipsei brand as a UK registered trademark amid objections that it sounds too similar that of rival brand Pepsi....
PepsiAmericas has restructured its sales force in the US as it looks to make drive efficiencies from the business across the country....
PepsiCo has received US antitrust clearance to buy Naked Juice Co. from private equity firm North Castle Partners....
The Indian state of Kerala is refusing to give up in its bid to keep its ban on Coca-Cola and PepsiCo drinks over allegations they contained pesticides....
PepsiAmericas is delisting its securities from NYSE Arca, the former Pacific Stock Exchange....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets