USA: Pepsi say contamination claims at Cambodian factory are "wholly erroneous"
Pepsi, US told just-drinks.com today that Cambodian press reports claiming a Pepsi factory has suspended all operations after alleged contamination fears were "wholly erroneous."Larry Jabbenski at Pepsi,US told just-drinks.com that Pepsi has checked, double checked and triple checked, the Ministry of health has also been involved, and there is no truth at all in the reports.Cambodian press claimed that a senior company official had said: "That due to the discovery of contamination, the factory owner has decided to temporarily stop its bottle production."The report also said that operations at the factory in Sihanoukville, operated by Angkor Beverage Co., a joint venture between PepsiCo US Inc., and Angkor Beer Cambrew had been suspended until machinery is repaired or replaced, after consumers complained of finding debris, dirt and small insects, inside Pepsi bottles.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review