USA: Pepsi say contamination claims at Cambodian factory are "wholly erroneous"
Pepsi, US told just-drinks.com today that Cambodian press reports claiming a Pepsi factory has suspended all operations after alleged contamination fears were "wholly erroneous."Larry Jabbenski at Pepsi,US told just-drinks.com that Pepsi has checked, double checked and triple checked, the Ministry of health has also been involved, and there is no truth at all in the reports.Cambodian press claimed that a senior company official had said: "That due to the discovery of contamination, the factory owner has decided to temporarily stop its bottle production."The report also said that operations at the factory in Sihanoukville, operated by Angkor Beverage Co., a joint venture between PepsiCo US Inc., and Angkor Beer Cambrew had been suspended until machinery is repaired or replaced, after consumers complained of finding debris, dirt and small insects, inside Pepsi bottles.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review