USA: Pepsi say contamination claims at Cambodian factory are "wholly erroneous"
Pepsi, US told just-drinks.com today that Cambodian press reports claiming a Pepsi factory has suspended all operations after alleged contamination fears were "wholly erroneous."Larry Jabbenski at Pepsi,US told just-drinks.com that Pepsi has checked, double checked and triple checked, the Ministry of health has also been involved, and there is no truth at all in the reports.Cambodian press claimed that a senior company official had said: "That due to the discovery of contamination, the factory owner has decided to temporarily stop its bottle production."The report also said that operations at the factory in Sihanoukville, operated by Angkor Beverage Co., a joint venture between PepsiCo US Inc., and Angkor Beer Cambrew had been suspended until machinery is repaired or replaced, after consumers complained of finding debris, dirt and small insects, inside Pepsi bottles.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Beam Suntory rolls out Larios gin range to UK
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends