USA: Pepsi say contamination claims at Cambodian factory are "wholly erroneous"
Pepsi, US told just-drinks.com today that Cambodian press reports claiming a Pepsi factory has suspended all operations after alleged contamination fears were "wholly erroneous."Larry Jabbenski at Pepsi,US told just-drinks.com that Pepsi has checked, double checked and triple checked, the Ministry of health has also been involved, and there is no truth at all in the reports.Cambodian press claimed that a senior company official had said: "That due to the discovery of contamination, the factory owner has decided to temporarily stop its bottle production."The report also said that operations at the factory in Sihanoukville, operated by Angkor Beverage Co., a joint venture between PepsiCo US Inc., and Angkor Beer Cambrew had been suspended until machinery is repaired or replaced, after consumers complained of finding debris, dirt and small insects, inside Pepsi bottles.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly