FRANCE: Pepsi rules out Danone bid - report
PepsiCo is not going to make a bid for the French food and drink group Danone, according to the French market regulator AMF.
An AMF spokesperson has been quoted across a number of French and international news sources today (25 July) saying: "PepsiCo have indicated to us that they are not planning a bid on Danone."
So far neither PepsiCo nor Danone has made a comment.
The share value of Danone crashed by more than €2 billion (US$2.4 billion) on the news in early trading today. The company's stock has been rising quickly over the last couple of weeks on the growing rumours that the US soft drinks and snack producer was planning a hostile takeover bid.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future