CANADA: Pepsi rolls out Pepsi Blue in Canada
Pepsi-Cola Canada has begun the national roll-out of its Pepsi's latest soft drink innovation Pepsi Blue, the berry and cola "fusion".
Pepsi Blue will be on the shelves this week.
"There's absolutely nothing else like Pepsi Blue on the market," said
Michael Hartman, vice president of marketing for Pepsi-Cola Canada Ltd.
"Teens had a direct role in creating it, and they told us two things make it berry, and make it blue. Pepsi Blue delivers on what consumers want, and we're expecting it to fly off store shelves."
Nine months in the making, Pepsi Blue was one of more than 100 cola fusion concepts tested. "It was the resounding choice among thousands of teens, eight out of ten who said they would purchase Pepsi Blue regularly when available," said the company.
Pepsi Blue is the latest in a string of product launches by the Pepsi team. Over the last two years, these have included a variety of carbonated and non-carbonated beverages, including Pepsi Twist, Mountain Dew Code Red, 7UP Tropical Splash, Wild Cherry Pepsi and Lipton Brisk Lemonade, as well as 6 new SoBe flavours.
Marketing support for Pepsi Blue will include national advertising, public relations and sampling.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report