CHINA: Pepsi partner refutes allegations
PepsiCo and Sichuan Radio, Film and Television Industry Development Co. set up Sichuan Pepsi in 1994 with PepsiCo controlling a 27% stake. But PepsiCo has been alleging for some time that its partner has committed a serious of violations of cooperation contracts and agreements and has "ravaged" cooperation with the group. Last week, the US company took its long-running dispute with Sichuan Pepsi to an international arbitration panel in Stockholm with a view to terminating the joint venture. PepsiCo is also seeking damages for breach of contract.
In response to PepsiCo's allegations that company managers rewarded themselves with cheap home loans and Mercedes limousines, Sichuan Pepsi vice president, Qu Zhidi, said he welomed the intervention of the arbitration panel and accused PepsiCo of squeezing the joint venture by increasing the price of the concentrate used to produce Pepsi-Cola. "Sichuan Pepsi welcomes such arbitration and the naked truth will finally come out," Qu said.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review