USA: Pepsi, Named 'Official Soft Drink' of Seattle's Experience Music Project, Partners With Safeway to Bring Special Admission Offer to Consumers
Consumers who purchase Pepsi products at a Safeway store between October 1, 2000 and November 30, 2000, will receive two admissions to the EMP for the price of one. The museum, which opened in June, is designed to lead its expected 800,000 annual visitors to discover the "joy of music" through creative and sensory experiences. Mix in the "joy of cola" and you have the makings of an outstanding partnership.
"We're excited that we can offer the great lineup of Pepsi brands for our visitors' enjoyment as they experience music in a completely different setting," said Kathy Scanlan, EMP Deputy Director of Operations. "Our new museum is all about fun and innovation - so are the Pepsi brands."
"Our partnership with the EMP and Safeway is a terrific opportunity for all of us at PBG, as well as Safeway shoppers throughout Seattle," said Ken Alterman, Market Unit General Manager for PBG in Seattle. "We look forward to showcasing Pepsi products in this exciting and unique venue while, at the same time, heightening Pepsi's connection with music. Working with Safeway, we're able to help even more consumers experience the music."
"What a wonderful event for our customers. The EMP experience at a 'two-for-one' price with the purchase of Pepsi products brings a unique promotion for Safeway customers and we are delighted to participate," said Cherie Myers, Director of Public Affairs, Safeway.
Under the terms of the agreement, a full lineup of Pepsi-Cola products will be poured in EMP's Quickserve Cafe, Turntable Restaurant and Liquid Lounge, an after-hours nightclub of the new museum. In addition, there will be a permanent exhibit at EMP featuring music from Pepsi-Cola's extensive advertising archives.
The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. is the world's largest seller, manufacturer and distributor of Pepsi-Cola beverages with operations in the U.S., Canada, Greece, Russia and Spain. It is headquartered in Somers, N.Y. and listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "PBG."
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has agreed a deal with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts which will see Pepsi become the official beverage at numerous Hershey resorts including Hersheypark, The Hotel Her...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed a new independent auditor....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
Cadbury Schweppes plans to add Splenda artificial sweetener to Diet 7 Up next month....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends