UK: Pepsi Max gets Black Eyed Peas backing
UK soft drinks group Britvic has unveiled plans for an advertising campaign in the UK for its Pepsi Max brand featuring exclusive music and footage of the US hip hop group Black Eyed Peas.
Britvic, the largest soft drink supplier to the UK on-trade, said today (7 November) that the adverts, which include music written exclusively for the brand, are part of a GBP3m (US$6.3m) campaign targeting "young extrovert consumers as well as mums stocking up for the Christmas period".
The advertisements, which will run on television, cinema and online, will be aired until late December and will be supported by a 'Max Your Party' consumer promotion across the on- and off-trade from November, the company said.
Britvic sales director Andrew Richards said: 'The new campaign aims to increase brand awareness and build on Pepsi's long-standing association with music. In terms of activation, we're focusing on the party spirit under the 'Max Your Party' headline, with some great consumer promotions in grocery and licensed outlets with trade activity in convenience & impulse."
PepsiCo UK marketing director Bruno Gruwez added: "Pepsi has a heritage of successful music-related promotional platforms having been linked to a number of significant sponsorship deals with the Black Eyed Peas, Live Nation and most recently, The O2. The 'Max Your Party' Christmas concept will aim to leverage some of these assets to deliver a motivating platform during the key trading period of the year."
PepsiCo returned to the headlines last month, when it announced its plans to buy a major stake in Russian juice company Lebedyansky. The transaction, for a 75% stake in the company - which accounts fo...
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving ...
Major global drinks groups and smaller innovative companies alike have identified the enhanced water category as a sector with strong growth potential. So far, the US has been the prime focus, but mor...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
PepsiCo has acquired the vitamin water brand V Water in the UK and signed a distribution deal with Britvic to manufacture, sell and distribute the products....
Compañía Cervecerías Unidas has posted a healthy set of results for the first three months of 2008....
PepsiCo has posted a lift in sales and profits for its first quarter, despite a softening of volumes in North America....
PepsiAmericas has announced its second quarter dividend....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research