US: Pepsi lays out global marketing plan
PepsiCo has lined up a worldwide marketing campaign for its Pepsi-Cola cans, starting next month.
The soft drinks firm will use new background packaging graphics of sports, music, fashion and cars, which change every few weeks to attract teens. Pepsi's globe logo and name lettering will remain the same.
PepsiCo International chief marketing officer Ron Coughlin said: "We've learned that young people embrace change and seek discovery, connectedness, personalisation and multiculturalism. We believe this restyle touches on all these trends."
The company noted that Pepsi-Cola's look has changed just ten times in 109 years. This year it will change more than 35 times.
The campaign also includes in-store merchandising, promotions and point-of-sale materials, and will include TV, radio, print, packaging and online adverts.
"On the surface, this might look like a packaging update, but it's much more than that. We're changing the way we interact with consumers - and now we're doing it on their terms," said Cie Nicholson, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Pepsi-Cola North America. "When people pick up a Pepsi, they'll be getting much more than a great tasting cola. They'll be getting a passport to the things they enjoy most."
The Argentinean brewer Quilmes Industrial is to invest US$100m this year in increasing production and expanding its sales network. The brewer said it was also increasing investment in technological in...
Local Pepsi bottler Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines Inc., which holds the Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) licence for the Philippines, is planning a share offering which it hopes will raise around PHP6.9bn...
Growing consumer interest in maintaining a healthy diet and participating in sporting activities will contribute to growth in the functional sports drinks (FSD) category over the next five years, acco...
PepsiCo has stayed silent on speculation suggesting it is looking to buy a kvas brand in Russia....
PepsiCo has unveiled a cucumber-flavoured variant in Japan....
The so-called 'mid-tier' level is proving the battlefield for mergers and acquisitions in the European soft drinks industry, according to a recent report....
PepsiCo's CEO has admitted she made a mistake in not standing up against the pesticides-in-cola controversy....
PepsiAmericas and PepsiCo are set to acquire 80% of Ukrainian juice company Sandora....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends