US: Pepsi launch vanilla cola and $1 billion giveaway
PepsiCo announced that it is to launch a vanilla version of its flagship brand as it unveiled its plans for its annual summer battle with rival Coca-Cola. It had been widely speculated that Pepsi would look to emulate the success of Vanilla Coke, which launched last year and has sold 90m cases, and yesterday the Purchase, NY, food and beverage company confirmed it will introduce Pepsi Vanilla late this summer. No specific launch date was announced.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row