CANADA: Pepsi lands airline deal
Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a supply agreement with Canadian low-fare airline WestJet to provide soft drinks and water onboard flights.
The multi-year deal includes customer support, marketing and promotional opportunities and corporate sales support for the soft drinks firm.
Pepsi Bottling Group president Linda Kuga-Pikulin said: "The Pepsi Bottling Group is very pleased to partner with WestJet to become the airline's official beverage supplier
"WestJet's commitment to its people, its progressive and innovative approach to marketing and its commitment to the consumer, who they describe as their 'guest', all align perfectly with PBG's values and the quality of our brands. We look forward to taking flight together, and with the power of our two brands, the sky is the limit."
The companies added that co-marketing campaigns could result from their partnership in the near future.
India's soft drinks industry has expressed its "shock" at a decision from the state of Karnataka to re-instate a ban on carbonates in its educational institutions....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has warned that volume growth will be slower in 2007 than this year....
India's health minister has reportedly called for a ban on the sale of soft drinks in schools and universities amid a wider ban on junk food in the country's educational institutions....
The Pepsi Bottling group has appointed a new president for its North America unit....
Coca-Cola Co. and PepsiCo received temporary relief today (12 December) in India's pesticides row when the country's Supreme Court delayed the verdict in the controversial contamination case for two m...
Full-sugar carbonated soft drinks will be banned from New Zealand's secondary schools in three years, following an agreement between the country's government, Coca-Cola Amatil and PepsiCo's local dist...
The case of a former Coca-Cola employee accused of trying to sell company secrets to PepsiCo is heating up ahead of the impending trial....
Coca-Cola Co has failed to register its Ipsei brand as a UK registered trademark amid objections that it sounds too similar that of rival brand Pepsi....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review