CHINA: Pepsi joint venture troubles deepen
Talking at a press conference Qu Zhidi, deputy general manager of the Sichuan Yun Lu Industrial Co said: ""We've officially filed an arbitration against Pepsi (China) Investment Co. before the China International Economic and Trade Commission."
He continued that he was fully confident of winning the arbitration.
Pepsi has been at loggerheads with this Chinese partner for a year now. It began when the soft drinks giant attempted to dissolve its joint venture with Sichuan Yun Lu, a government-backed company, when it became suspicious funds were being misused.
On its part, Pepsi took its case to an international arbitration panel Stockholm last August to dissolve the venture, Pepsi Sichuan Beverage Co.
The panel has asked Pepsi to split the case into two parts. "We have made technical adjustments to pursue this dispute as two parallel actions," a statement said. "One case will be handled by PepsiCo Inc, and the other under the name of PepsiCo Investment (China) Ltd.
"We remain confident of our position in both cases and are optimistic about the outcome of arbitration," Pepsi said.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future