US: Pepsi in record sampling push for Mountain Dew
PepsiCo is undertaking the largest sampling programme in its history, distributing more than 3m cans of the newly-formulated Diet Mountain Dew for free.
The sampling programme, launched yesterday (8 March), will be carried out in a number of US cities, including New York where the company has enlisted the help of snowboarding champions Shaun White and Hannah Teter, who have been sponsored by Mountain Dew since 2003, for the event.
A 100-foot snowboarding rail jam will be constructed in Times Square. Some 283 Pepsi employees will also be involved in the giveaway across the country.
"It turns out that the majority of Dew drinkers have voted in favour of the new 'tuned up taste' of Diet Mountain Dew," says Frank Cooper, vice president of flavoured soft drinks at Pepsi-Cola North America.
"Their seal of approval makes this a great time to introduce everyone - both new and veteran Dew drinkers - to the new taste of Diet Mountain Dew."
Diet Mountain Dew has been reformulated using a blend of sweeteners including Aspartame, Sucralose and ASK (Acesulfame Potassium). The new recipe marks the first change to Mountain Dew formula in 15 years.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends