THAILAND: Pepsi goes for ‘midas’ cola – report
World Cup fever has hit Thailand with a gold-coloured cola being made available, according to local reports.
Thai newspaper The Nation said yesterday (5 June) that Pepsi-Cola (Thai) Trading has unveiled limited edition Pepsi Gold in the country. The drink tastes the same as normal Pepsi, but differs only in appearance and packaging, the paper said.
"Thailand is one of Pepsi's key markets around the world for launching the complete line of sport marketing activities consisting of exciting television commercials, attractive promotional campaigns and the launch of new product and packaging innovations," Charlie Jitcharoongphorn, the bottler's marketing director, was quoted as saying in the report.
"We expect to boost Pepsi's share of the cola drink market by 0.5 percentage points to 63.5% due to this year's sports marketing campaign," Jitcharoongphorn added.
A Pepsi Gold television commercial titled 'Autograph', starring French footballer Thierry Henry and supermodel Claudia Schiffer, will air soon, the report concluded.
For all the facts and figures quoted by marketing strategists, Chris Losh believes that intuition can sometimes be a more powerful weapon than a spreadsheet....
Latvia has become the first European Union country to ban the sale of carbonated soft drinks, such as Coca-Cola, Pepsi and 7-Up, in its state-run schools and nurseries....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has affirmed its expectations for this year....
PepsiCo has emerged ahead of Coca-Cola Co. in the US cola stakes, according to the University of Michigan's annual consumer satisfaction index....
PepsiCo has brought in a company veteran to head its beverage business in India....
Pepsi-Cola UK has launched an online campaign for its Pepsi Max brand to attract the ever-growing number of consumers using the Internet....
PepsiAmericas has unveiled details of its quarterly dividend....
Pepsi Bottling Group has issued details of its quarterly dividend....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research