US: Pepsi gets anti-trust okay on Naked deal
The Federal Trade Commission said today (5 December) that it granted early termination of the waiting period required under the Hart-Scott-Rodino antitrust law.
Pepsi snapped up the self-styled super-premium juice producer last month for an undisclosed sum.
Based in California and formed in 1983, Naked Juice has a portfolio of 25 juice and smoothies made without any added sugars or preservatives. The Naked Juice stable is divided into functional families, each providing a different group of benefits. The families include superfoods, antioxidants and proteins.
Pepsi said it would broaden the distribution of the products, while continuing to use Naked Juice's "successful grassroots marketing and sales efforts". Naked Juice already enjoys annual turnover of around US$150m.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have been the fiercest of competitors for decades but the fact that their rivalry now extends to 'outgreening' one another could be good news for the environment, writes Annette ...
Coca-Cola's US$4.1bn acquisition of Glacéau gives the company a presence in the growing enhanced waters sector where, writes Annette Farr, the soft drinks giant will be competing not only with smaller...
The Coca-Cola Co.'s Mexican unit has been hit by a fine for monopoly practices in the country....
The Coca-Cola Co. has joined PepsiCo in stepping away from conducting experiments on animals, according to reports....
New York drinks marketer Castle Brands has unveiled a new campaign for its Irish-made honey-flavoured liqueur Celtic Crossing....
Britvic has had its coverage raised....
The Coca-Cola Company has settled a legal spat in the US concerning the presence of benzene in some of its drinks....
Mountain Dew has teamed up with Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks in an online promotion with the impending release of the film Transformers in the US....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends