US: Pepsi Bottling Ventures expands
Pepsi Bottling Ventures said yesterday (6 January) that it has signed a letter of intent to acquire the independent franchise bottlers, Nagel Beverage Company and Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company.
Both bottlers' territory includes 18 southern Idaho counties. A fee for the deal has not been disclosed.
The move is an example of consolidation in the soft drinks bottling sector, as bottlers for even top firms such as PepsiCo attempt to improve efficiency to cope with rising costs and weakening demand in the US.
Environmental concerns have climbed steadily up the agenda for soft drinks producers in recent years. However, Annette Farr writes, progress has been faster in the UK than in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
PepsiCo has confirmed a change of senior VP for sports marketing at its Gatorade division....
PepsiCo has opened its first overseas "green" plant in China in the western city of Chongqing as it reiterated plans to invest US$1 billion in the country, which will include five new beverage plants ...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has agreed a multiyear agreement to distribute Rockstar Energy Drink in Mexico....
Food and beverage giant PepsiCo has been approved as a member of Ceres' corporate network....
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed to break ties with the Nestea brand in Brazil, in order to gain regulatory approval for its acquisition of RTD tea producer Leao Junior....
PepsiCo is to expand its SoBe Lifewater range with the addition of two flavours for the US market....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research