CANADA: Pepsi Bottling to increase Canadian presence with Kitchener deal
The world's largest bottler of Pepsi products, the Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has announced that it plans to acquire the Ontario-based, family-owned Kitchener Beverages Limited. The move is another step in increasing the company's presence in Canada.
Terms of the deal, which is expected to close in the next month, were not disclosed.
Kitchener, based in Kitchener, Ontario, operates one warehouse and employs about 65 people. It serves customers in towns such as Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford and Fergus, Pepsi Bottling said in a statement.
The planned deal is the latest acquisition by PBG, which has been on something of a buying spree of late. In July it finalised its purchase of Canadian bottler Seaman's Beverages Ltd, located in the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island. The company is also in the process of buying Mexico's Pepsi-Gemex. It also bought Turkish Pepsi bottler Fruko earlier this year.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has agreed a deal with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts which will see Pepsi become the official beverage at numerous Hershey resorts including Hersheypark, The Hotel Her...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed a new independent auditor....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
Cadbury Schweppes plans to add Splenda artificial sweetener to Diet 7 Up next month....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future