US: Pepsi Bottling to acquire Pepsi Charlotte
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum.
Pepsi Charlotte is the ninth largest Pepsi bottler in the US and serves all or a portion of eight counties in North Carolina. Founded by Henry and Sadie Fowler, Pepsi Charlotte has been a family-owned and operated company for 100 years.
In a statement, PBG chairman and CEO John T. Cahill said: "We are very excited to welcome Pepsi Charlotte to the PBG family. Contiguous to PBG's existing territory, this is a growing business located in an area where the population is on the rise. Dale Halton has operated this company for the past 25 years in the tradition of her grandparents' original vision. She has fostered a culture of attentive customer service and strong ties to the local community. We look forward to building upon these strengths and continuing to grow the Pepsi business in North Carolina."
Pepsi Charlotte employs approximately 400 people. Its operations include a manufacturing plant and warehouse in Charlotte, and two additional warehouses in Cherryville and Midland, North Carolina.
The transaction, which is subject to approval by the PBG board of directors, is expected to close during the fourth quarter of this year.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has agreed a deal with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts which will see Pepsi become the official beverage at numerous Hershey resorts including Hersheypark, The Hotel Her...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed a new independent auditor....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
Cadbury Schweppes plans to add Splenda artificial sweetener to Diet 7 Up next month....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Remy signs new three-year Russia deal with Roust
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report