US: Pepsi Bottling signs NFL deal
The American football team San Diego Chargers has signed a multi-year, integrated marketing partnership with The Pepsi Bottling Group, which makes Pepsi-Cola the official soft drink of the San Diego Chargers and its Qualcomm Stadium.
Beginning this summer, the agreement calls for category exclusivity for all Pepsi-Cola products including Pepsi-Cola, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mountain Dew and Aquafina bottled water. The relationship will focus on branding, promotions, special events, community relations and fan entertainment.
"This is an exciting day for us at The Pepsi Bottling Group," said John Timpani, vice president and general manager for PBG in San Diego. "The Chargers are a big part of what makes San Diego a great place to live, and we're pleased to have the opportunity to serve our products and bring exciting programs to Charger fans throughout Southern California."
"This partnership between the San Diego Chargers and The Pepsi Bottling Group will be great for more than our two organisations," said Ken Derrett, Chargers vice president and chief marketing officer. "We will be bringing exciting new promotions to our fans at the games and teaming up with PBG on programs to reach out to the San Diego community."
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research