US: Pepsi Bottling Group to up annual dividend
The Pepsi Bottling Group has posted a healthy rise in its annual dividend.
The company said yesterday (23 March) that its board of directors had authorised a 38% increase in the dividend, marking the third consecutive annual rise. The group will pay US$0.44 per share. At the same time, a quarterly dividend of US$0.11, per share will be paid on 30 June to shareholders of record on 9 June.
"Consistently solid cash flow generation has been a key priority at PBG," said PBG chairman and CEO John T. Cahill. "Our success in this area has allowed us to continue to drive shareholder value. Last year, we returned more than 100% of our operating free cash flow to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends.
"I'm very pleased that we are able to increase the dividend again this year, which clearly speaks to the health of our business and the board's confidence in our future plans."
Earlier this month, PBG said that it expects full-year 2006 diluted earnings per share to be in the range of US$1.76 to US$1.84. The company also forecast worldwide physical case volume this year to grow by about 3%.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has agreed a deal with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts which will see Pepsi become the official beverage at numerous Hershey resorts including Hersheypark, The Hotel Her...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed a new independent auditor....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
Cadbury Schweppes plans to add Splenda artificial sweetener to Diet 7 Up next month....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets