US: Pepsi Bottling Group to buy New York bottler
The Pepsi Bottling Group has lined up the acquisition of a bottling company in New York.
The company confirmed today (11 December) that it has signed a letter of intent to buy Pepsi-Cola Batavia Bottling Corp for an undisclosed sum.
Family-owned Pepsi-Cola Batavia, which is a Pepsi-Cola franchised bottler, serves New York's Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming counties along with parts of Livingston, Alleghany and Cattaraugus counties. It was founded in 1890 and is currently owned by Thomas and John Houseknecht.
"We are very pleased to expand our footprint in upstate New York," said Eric Foss, PBG's CEO. "The Houseknecht family has built a strong business through a combination of superb customer service, desirable product offerings, and active community involvement. We look forward to continuing their tradition of excellence in these areas and meeting the beverage needs of the area's customers and consumers."
Tom and John Houseknecht added: "We are pleased that Pepsi Batavia will join PBG. We are confident that PBG will continue to provide the level of service and support that our employees and customers have come to expect from our company."
The transaction is expected to close during the first quarter of 2008.
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving ...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed Cynthia Trudell, PepsiCo's senior vice president for human resources, to the board of directors during its annual meeting of shareholders yesterday (28 May)....
Coca-Cola Amatil said it expects to deliver high single-digit growth in its 2008 net profit, driven by a "solid" improvement in case rates and despite weaker volumes experienced at the beginning of th...
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines has registered a 6% fall in its third quarter profits as volume sales of its carbonated portfolio slid....
Pepsi is launching a reduced plastic non-carbonated beverage bottle in the US in a bid to eliminate approximately 20m pounds of waste from the environment....
The Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiCo have announced that, through their PR Beverages joint venture in Russia, they have completed their previously announced acquisition of Sobol-Aqua in the country....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has reported a slight slip in net income for the first quarter, despite a rise in sales....
Moscow police are looking for the murderers of the Russian Juice Producers Union's president, who was beaten to death by masked attackers last weekend, according to local reports....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends