US: Pepsi Bottling Group shareholders veto stock proposal
Shareholders of The Pepsi Bottling Group have voted against a proposal to amend the company's directors' stock plan.
At PBG's annual meeting yesterday (27 May), the amendment, which would have allowed the company to issue added stock for future stock awards to directors, was turned down.
Shareholders also re-elected PBG's ten directors: Linda Alvarado, Barry Beracha, John Compton, Eric Foss, Ira Hall, Susan Kronick, Blythe McGarvie, John Quelch, Javier Teruel and Cynthia Trudell.
Two of these directors, Compton and Trudell, work for PepsiCo, which last month offered to pay a combined US$6bn for outstanding shares in PBG and PepsiAmericas. PBG has dismissed the bid as being "grossly inadequate".
PepsiCo has temporarily withdrawn documents filed with US the Federal Trade Commission on its acquisition of all outstanding shares in Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas....
The European Commission has approved PepsiCo's proposed purchases of two of its major bottlers, PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group....
Pepsi Bottling Ventures (PBV), the third largest PepsiCo bottler in the US, is to purchase Pepsi Cola Bottling Company of Conway-Myrtle Beach....
A joint procurement deal between PepsiCo and Anheuser-Busch this week has seen the two drinks giants form a global alliance to purchase indirect goods and services in the US, from technology hardware ...
PepsiAmericas has confirmed details of its latest dividend payout....
Anheuser-Busch InBev and PepsiCo have agreed to jointly purchase indirect goods and services in the US from technology hardware to travel....
PepsiCo will refile its application to the US Federal Trade Commission for approval of a deal to buy out Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends