US: Pepsi Bottling Group re-confirms earnings prediction
The Pepsi Bottling Group has re-confirmed that it expects low single-digit operating profit growth in its full-year.
The PepsiCo bottling arm (PBG) said today (3 September) that earnings per share were likely to be US$2.30-$2.38 for the full-year, with sales growth in the mid-single digits.
It also predicted earnings per share of $1.02-$1.06 in the third quarter, representing comparable growth of 4-7% over the prior year.
Analyst group Standard & Poor's said last month that soft drinks bottlers in the US would continue to face tough cost pressures in the short-term.
PBG said it expected around 3% sales growth in the third quarter of 2008, although warned that worldwide volumes would likely decline, "reflecting soft economic conditions globally".
A slide in full-year net income for Pepsi Bottling Group this week led to a drop in its full-year forecast as the strengthening US dollar continues to hurt overseas sales....
[UPDATED 25/02/2009] PepsiCo has altered some of its plans to re-invest the US$1.2bn in cost-savings from its restructuring programme in a bid to provide greater value for consumers during the economi...
The Pepsi Bottling Group said that while near-term economic difficulty would hurt drinks sales, the company would position itself to capitalise once the economy improves....
PepsiCo has signed a multiyear distribution deal with Rockstar Energy Drink....
PepsiCo has reported a 9% drop in full-year net earnings, due to write-down charges in the fourth quarter....
Charges related to restructuring intiatives have led The Pepsi Bottling Group to report a fall in full-year net income....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has announced a quarterly shareholder dividend of US$0.17 per share on common stock, a day before the soft drinks bottler releases its fourth quarter earnings....
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) is looking to launch US$750m-worth of senior notes....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research