US: Pepsi Bottling Group expands workforce
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has declared that it is seeking to expand its workforce at the company's customer service centre in Winston-Salem, NC.
The US-based bottler said yesterday (21 June), that it is looking at adding a further 150 jobs to the customer service centre that houses the business units for Pepsi Business Services and Pepsi Direct.
PBG has said that it is recruiting financial professionals and sales and management teams and bilingual candidates to represent the brand.
The reports follow Pepsi Bottling Group posting a reasonably flat start to 2007.
The US-based bottler said in April that sales in the first quarter of 2007 rose by 4% year-on-year, totalling US$2.5bn. Net income, however, slid from $34m to $29m, as a $4m non-cash expense for "accounting for uncertainty in income taxes" made its presence felt.
While volumes in the US declined by 1%, European volumes were up by 8% driven by a more than 20% improvement in Russia. In Mexico, volumes were down by 3%.
The Pepsi Bottling Group has raised its earnings and cashflow guidance for the current fiscal year....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has lined up the acquisition of a bottling company in New York....
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines (PCPP) has confirmed plans to launch a share offering with a view to fund its expansion aspirations....
Investment bank Citigroup has raised its rating of Coca-Cola Enterprises to "buy" from "hold"....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report