US: Pepsi Bottling Group appoints Senior VP
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed Eric Llopis as senior vice president and chief strategy officer, as the bottler enters a period of reorganisation.
Llopis will be responsible for leading company-wide planning and will report directly to chairman and CEO Eric Foss, Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) announced today.
His appointment comes two weeks after PBG announced it would cut more than 3,000 jobs across Mexico, Europe and the US in a major restructuring move.
Prior to joining PBG, Llopis served as director of competitive strategy at Miller Brewing Company. He advised many major consumer goods firms, including Diageo, Coors and PepsiCo, in his earlier role as a management consultant.
PBG last month cut earnings per share targets for the full-year, to a range of $2.20 to $2.26 per share instead of the previous $2.32 to $2.38.
Sectors: Soft drinks
PepsiCo this week launched an acquisition move of US$6bn to buy the outstanding shares in The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) and PepsiAmericas. The company currently holds a 33% stake in Pepsi Bottling Gr...
Shareholders of The Pepsi Bottling Group have voted against a proposal to amend the company's directors' stock plan....
The latest in the PepsiCo v bottlers saga took another twist this week as PepsiAmericas announced it is to enter into a joint venture with Central America Beverage Corporation (Cabcorp)....
PepsiAmericas is to set up a joint venture with Central America Beverage Corporation (Cabcorp) to serve Caribbean and Central American soft drinks markets....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pepsi Bottling Group, the drinks bottler currently in a takeover tussle with its majority shareholder, Pepsico, has signed a deal to buy Massachusetts-based firm Pepsi-Cola Bottlers for the Merrimack ...
PepsiCo has filed a lawsuit against one of its biggest bottlers, Pepsi Bottling Group, accusing board members of illegally setting up measures to block a PepsiCo takeover....
PepsiCo has defended its bid to buy out all outstanding shares in Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas, despite both bottlers rejecting the offer this week....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages