US: Pepsi Bottling earings in line but volumes slow
Pepsi Bottling Group, the largest bottler of Pepsi drinks, issued a mixed trading update yesterday, when it reported that volumes in the US for this quarter were flat. However the group said full year earnings and earnings for 2003 should still be in line with expectations.
Bad weather on the East Coast was in part blamed for the US volumes disappointment. Worldwide volumes are expected to grow about 1%.
Compared to analysts earnings forecasts of around 17 cents a share for the fourth quarter, the group expects earnings of between 16 cents to 18 cents per share.
Pepsi Bottling said it expects to earn $1.42 to $1.45 a share this year, in line with expectations. The company earned 95 cents per share in 2001.
For 2003, Pepsi Bottling estimates earnings of $1.68 to $1.74 a share, versus analysts' forecasts of $1.61 to $1.75.
The most encouraging news came from Pepsi Bottling's recent Mexican acquisition Pepsi-Gemex. The group is expecting strong growth, particularly in bottled water, from its Mexican operations in 2003. Indeed it has forecast 5% to 6% overall volume growth from Mexico next year, and 2% growth from its US operations.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research