CANADA: Pepsi Bottling close to Seaman's acquisition
Continuing its international expansion, Pepsi Bottling Group Inc, the largest bottler of Pepsi-Cola drinks, announced yesterday that it was at an advanced stage in talks to acquire Canadian soft drink company Seaman's Beverages Ltd. The announcement is only weeks after it purchased Frukko, the Turkish Pepsi bottler.
The Seaman's deal would expand Pepsi Bottling's reach in Canada but terms of the deal, which is expected to be completed in May, were not disclosed.
Seaman's Beverages, based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, has one manufacturing facility and two warehouses and employs about 100 people, Pepsi Bottling said in a statement. The New York-based Pepsi Bottling, meanwhile, produces and distributes about 85% of all Pepsi-Cola products sold in Canada.
Seaman's not only produces brands such as 7up and Pepsi but also makes its own line of premium soft drinks, including Seaman's Classic Birch Beer and Lime Rickey. It is still unclear whether Pepsi will continue to make that line.
Seaman's also has other brands that are not part of Pepsi Bottling's portfolio. Seaman's bottles Naya bottled water and Ocean Spray juices, but not Aquafina water and Dole juices as Pepsi Bottling does.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)