US: Pepsi Bottling agrees Rockstar deal for Mexico
The Pepsi Bottling Group has agreed a multiyear agreement to distribute Rockstar Energy Drink in Mexico.
PBG said the move was part of its strategy to diversify its portfolio by expanding into high-growth segments.
Under the terms of the agreement, PBG will have exclusive rights to distribute Rockstar products throughout all of its Mexico territories. PBG already distributes the brand in the US and Canada.
PBG will begin distributing Rockstar in Mexico in July. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
"The investments we're making to strengthen our brand portfolio are positioning PBG well to capitalise on the growth potential within the liquid refreshment beverage category," said PBG North America president Rob King. "Rockstar has already proven to be a great addition to our product lineup in the US and Canada. Expanding our distribution to Mexico will unlock new growth opportunities and further enhance PBG's standing in the energy drink space."
Russ Weiner, founder and CEO/president of Rockstar said: "We're excited that consumers in Mexico will soon be able to enjoy Rockstar products, as we continue to take steps towards achieving our goal of becoming the number one energy drink in North America. PBG is a terrific partner in this regard. Combining the Rockstar brand with PBG's powerful go-to-market capabilities and highly talented employees is a formula we believe will be incredibly successful."
It would appear that, beyond the shadow of one major transaction, the soft drinks and water categories had a year of innovation and controversy. A colourful 12 months for the sector, then, as Ben Coop...
Sales of energy drinks have doubled in the last five years, according to recent research....
PepsiCo will acquire rights to certain Dr Pepper Snapple drinks, the soft drinks giant has announced, at the same time as trimming full-year sales and profits guidance....
Redux Beverages has lined up its Cocaine energy drink brand for the European market....
Pepsi Bottling Ventures, the soft drinks bottler owned by Japan's Suntory, has completed its acquisition of Pepsi Cola Bottling Company of Conway-Myrtle Beach....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has extended its sponsorship deal with Andretti Autosport in the US for its Venom Energy drink....
The Coca-Cola Co is readying its Burn energy drink brand for the Indian market, according to sources....
DNA Beverage Corporation, makers of DNA Energy Drink, has announced an alliance with Star Racing Yamaha in a bid to maximise its market presence....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Carlsberg makes non-alcoholic brand organic
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends