US: Pepsi Bottling acquires Mexican bottler
Pepsi Bottling (PBG) has made a new acquisition. The group today announced that it has acquired Pepsi-Cola bottler Gaseosas. Based in Mexicali, Mexico, the bottler served customers in Northern Baja California.
In a statement, PBG chairman and CEO John T. Cahill said: "We are very pleased to add this business to our Mexican operations. Over the years, Gaseosas has grown into a solid business. While its sales represent only about 2% of total Pepsi sales in Mexico, there is ample opportunity for growth in the future.
We look forward to quickly integrating this business into our existing operations in Mexico," he concluded.
The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Gaseosas employs approximately 580 staff and operates one manufacturing plant and five warehouses in the Tijuana and Mexicali areas of Mexico.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has agreed a deal with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts which will see Pepsi become the official beverage at numerous Hershey resorts including Hersheypark, The Hotel Her...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed a new independent auditor....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
Cadbury Schweppes plans to add Splenda artificial sweetener to Diet 7 Up next month....
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research