US: Pepsi bottlers form venture in north-west
Seventeen Pepsi bottlers, including "anchor bottler" The Pepsi Bottling Group, have formed a regional manufacturing joint venture in the US, called Pepsi Northwest Beverages (PNB).
Operating in the Pacific Northwest region of the country, the new entity will include PBG's manufacturing plants in Seattle and Portland, Oregon, and three bottler-owned co-ops.
PNB will manufacture and source products to the states of Washington, Oregon and Idaho, as well as one market in Northern California and all of Alaska. The venture will handle around 3% of PepsiCo's volumes in the US.
PBG's executive vice president of worldwide operations, Gary Wandschneider, said yesterday (17 July): "As many of our larger customers have consolidated their businesses, they've asked their suppliers for greater uniformity across their operations."
Tom Connolly, a 15-year veteran of PBG, has been appointed general manager of PNB. He most recently served as PBG's director of infrastructure and has also been plant manager for two PBG manufacturing facilities. PNB will be based in Tumwater, Washington and employ around 300 people.
PBG, the world's largest manufacturer, seller and distributor of PepsiCo beverages, will own 56% of the PNB joint venture.
On-shelf impact, convenience, shelf-life, brand loyalty and increasingly environmental credentials all factor into the packaging choice for soft drinks brands. Moreover, writes Annette Farr, when it c...
PepsiCo has lined up a worldwide marketing campaign for its Pepsi-Cola cans, starting next month....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has secured the distribution and bottling rights to three Cadbury Schweppes brands in Northern California....
PepsiCo has dismissed a claim from a former employee that it evaded import duties totalling over US$100m....
India's soft drinks industry has expressed its "shock" at a decision from the state of Karnataka to re-instate a ban on carbonates in its educational institutions....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has warned that volume growth will be slower in 2007 than this year....
India's health minister has reportedly called for a ban on the sale of soft drinks in schools and universities amid a wider ban on junk food in the country's educational institutions....
The Pepsi Bottling group has appointed a new president for its North America unit....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China