US: Pepsi Beverages finalises bottler acquisition
PepsiCo division completes bottler buy
Pepsi Beverages Co (PBC), a division of PepsiCo, has completed its acquisition of Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co of Yuba City, Inc.
The Pepsi-Cola franchised bottler, based in northern California, is a family-owned business headed by John Cary as president. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
PBC said it acquired the company as part of its ongoing practice of acquiring franchises that become available as a means to “build scale and efficiency” in its company-owned bottling operations.
Plans for the acquisition were previously announced by The Pepsi Bottling Group, which PepsiCo acquired - along with PepsiAmericas - in February to form Pepsi Beverages Co.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1