INDIA: Pepsi and Coke knock each other for six
Coca-cola and PepsiCo are pitching the odd googly at one another in cricket-crazy India. Brand wars in the country are fought with film stars or cricket, and Pepsi has bought the endorsement of most cricket celebrities this year. Coke's summer 2001 campaign began with top Bollywood stars Aamir and Aishwarya depicting ordinary fans watching a match, superstitiously linking the outcome to small gestures.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Comment - The Race Downhill for Treasury
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Indian state moves towards alcohol ban