INDIA: Pepsi and Coke knock each other for six
Coke's summer 2001 campaign began with top Bollywood stars Aamir and Aishwarya depicting ordinary fans watching a match, superstitiously linking the outcome to small gestures.
In the advert, the blue shirt loses to the red in direct reference to the soft drinks companies' corporate colours; blue is Pepsi's colour, Coke is red.
Coke's winning combination, mixing cricket and cinema, seems to be paying off
after it has enlisted all of India's top film stars, including the current reigning
heart-throb, Hrithik Roshan.
Meanwhile, Pepsi's juice interests have been improved by lowering prices on the back of latest government concessions. Excise duties have been lowered by a half a percentage point, dropping the price of Pepsi's Tropicana fruit juice from 68 to 62 rupees a litre. Dabur's Real, which holds 55% market share, has fallen from 60 to 58 rupees a litre, and various reductions for the 200ml packs.
Coke's Maaza, and the Mangola brand remain unchanged.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
Tropicana Products Inc. has reached an agreement with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) over its 'Healthy Heart' orange juice claims....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends