INDIA: Pepsi and Coke knock each other for six
Coca-cola and PepsiCo are pitching the odd googly at one another in cricket-crazy India. Brand wars in the country are fought with film stars or cricket, and Pepsi has bought the endorsement of most cricket celebrities this year. Coke's summer 2001 campaign began with top Bollywood stars Aamir and Aishwarya depicting ordinary fans watching a match, superstitiously linking the outcome to small gestures.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads