INDIA: Pepsi and Coke knock each other for six
Coca-cola and PepsiCo are pitching the odd googly at one another in cricket-crazy India. Brand wars in the country are fought with film stars or cricket, and Pepsi has bought the endorsement of most cricket celebrities this year. Coke's summer 2001 campaign began with top Bollywood stars Aamir and Aishwarya depicting ordinary fans watching a match, superstitiously linking the outcome to small gestures.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit