US: Pepsi aims to bring global success home
PepsiCo is set to witness the first changes under incoming CEO Indra Nooyi with the revamp of its business in North America.
The US soft drinks giant plans to replicate the success of its fast-growing international division, where a single executive runs its food and drinks businesses.
"Managing these divisions together in a more holistic and integrated manner, like we've been doing at PepsiCo International for several years, has proven to be the right formula for growth," Nooyi said on Friday (15 September).
"Our individual businesses are headed by extraordinary leaders who are doing an excellent job running their operations, yet there is unquestionably more value to be realised by approaching our consumers and retail partners as a fully integrated enterprise."
John Compton, a Pepsi veteran with 23 years at the company, will take up the reins of the newly-created position of CEO of PepsiCo North America. Compton had headed the company's Quaker Tropicana Gatorade (QTG) division since last year.
Chuck Maniscalco succeeds Compton as president and CEO of QTG, which encompasses Quaker foods, Tropicana juices and Gatorade beverages.
The announcement that Cadbury Schweppes is looking to split its beverage operations in the US from its confectionery unit may be music to its investors' ears, but where will a potential buyer come fro...
Cadbury Schweppes has refused to comment on speculation that it may sell off its drinks business. The UK-based drinks and confectionery group is at the centre of rumours surrounding the future of its ...
SABMiller's subsidiary in Panama has offloaded its PepsiCo bottling business in Costa Rica to local brewer Cerveceria Costa Rica (CCR)....
Cott Corporation has confirmed the appointment of its new chief financial officer....
PepsiCo has promoted a Gatorade executive to head the sports marketing for the energy drink brand. The US soft drinks giant said yesterday (8 March) that Jeff Urban will replace Tom Fox from 1 April....
Royal Unibrew has warned that high raw material costs and ongoing price competition in northern Europe could hit its performance this year. The Danish brewer issued a note of caution on its 2007 outlo...
PepsiCo and The Pepsi Bottling Group have teamed up in Russia....
PepsiAmericas has given details of its latest dividend payment....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research