Product Launch - US: Penn Brewery's Nut Roll Ale & St Nikolaus Bock
Click through to view Penn Brewery's Nut Roll Ale & St Nikolaus Bock
Penn Brewery's Nut Roll Ale & St Nikolaus Bock
Category - Beer, craft, seasonal, winter, Nut Roll Ale 5.5% abv, St Nikolaus Bock 6.5% abv
Available - During Thanksgiving holiday
Location - US
Price - St Nikolaus Bock, US$34 per 24x12oz bottles; Nut Roll Ale, US$55 per 24x12oz bottles
Penn Brewery has released two winter beers in its seasonal variety range in time for Thanksgiving.
Penn's Nut Roll Ale and Penn's St Nikolaus Bock will only be available during the North American holiday, the company said on Friday (2 November). The beers will be on draught and in Penn variety packs.
Penn said other seasonal varieties such as Chocolate Meltdown Stout and Penn Marzen will start shipping in January.
Wirtz Beverage Illinois recently unveiled its own craft beer unit, and launched its first offerings last month.
Penn Brewery Releases Winter Seasonal Beers For 2012
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Penn Brewery is pleased to announce the release of its winter seasonal beers, Penn Nut Roll Ale and Penn St. Nikolaus Bock.
Penn's new Nut Roll Ale (PHOTO) was inspired by the popular eastern European-style pastry made by so many Pittsburgh "nanas" at holiday time. This spiced nut brown ale is redolent with cinnamon and vanilla, a nutty character, and a dry finish. With an ABV of 5.5% and IBUs of 20, Nut Roll Ale pairs beautifully with sweets or desserts. It will be available the week of Thanksgiving on draft, in 12-oz. bottles and in Penn's Gourmet Selection variety packs.
St. Nikolaus Bock (PHOTO), one of Penn's most popular beers, is a winter bock style. Deep mahogany in color, St. Nikolaus Bock is lush and rich with chocolate, caramel, black, and Munich malts and Perle hops. The beer has an ABV of 6.5% and IBUs of 25, and will be available the week of Thanksgiving on draft, in 12-oz. bottles, and in Penn's Gourmet Selection variety packs.
Nut Roll Ale and St. Nick Bock will close out 2012's lineup of Penn seasonals, but more varieties are not far behind. Penn's Chocolate Meltdown Stout and Penn Marzen are both slated to ship in January 2013.
Original source: Company release
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report