AUS: Penfolds MD leaves Treasury Wine Estates
TWE has parted company with the head of its Penfolds brand
The head of Treasury Wine Estates' Penfolds wine brand has left the company with “immediate effect” after a year in the role, the company has confirmed.
Gary Burnand, who became MD of the brand last March, will be replaced by Simon Marton, head of TWE's Wolf Blass unit, while the group seeks a permanent replacement. Burnand, who joined the company in December 2011, reported in to TWE chief executive David Dearie.
In an email to staff, reported by The Australian, Dearie wrote: “Following discussion over the future strategic direction of Penfolds, we both felt that now was the right time for Gary to leave Treasury to pursue other opportunities."
A TWE spokesperson has confirmed the story to just-drinks, but said the company is not issuing a media statement.
Burnand was responsible for “setting and driving the strategic direction” of the Penfolds brand.
The company, which broke off from Foster's Group in 2011 to become a standalone company, did not comment on Penfold's performance in its first-half results statement last month, as it saw group sales and profits slide.
Bibendum Wines took on the distribution of Penfolds in the UK last month.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Cider in US$ Million and Million Liters. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, So...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
UK deliveries of Heineken and Britvic brands could be affected by a 24-hour strike by workers at logistics firm Kuehne + Nagel, according to trade union Unite....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages