AUS: Penfolds MD leaves Treasury Wine Estates
TWE has parted company with the head of its Penfolds brand
The head of Treasury Wine Estates' Penfolds wine brand has left the company with “immediate effect” after a year in the role, the company has confirmed.
Gary Burnand, who became MD of the brand last March, will be replaced by Simon Marton, head of TWE's Wolf Blass unit, while the group seeks a permanent replacement. Burnand, who joined the company in December 2011, reported in to TWE chief executive David Dearie.
In an email to staff, reported by The Australian, Dearie wrote: “Following discussion over the future strategic direction of Penfolds, we both felt that now was the right time for Gary to leave Treasury to pursue other opportunities."
A TWE spokesperson has confirmed the story to just-drinks, but said the company is not issuing a media statement.
Burnand was responsible for “setting and driving the strategic direction” of the Penfolds brand.
The company, which broke off from Foster's Group in 2011 to become a standalone company, did not comment on Penfold's performance in its first-half results statement last month, as it saw group sales and profits slide.
Bibendum Wines took on the distribution of Penfolds in the UK last month.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Cider in US$ Million and Million Liters. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, So...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Wine in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future