AUS: Penfolds gives Thomas Hyland Adelaide appellation
Australian wine company Penfolds, part of the Foster's Group, is giving its Thomas Hyland range an Adelaide geographical appellation.
The Adelaide region of South Australia includes some of Australia's best known wine-producing areas, such as Adelaide Hills, Barossa Valley, Clare Valley, Eden Valley, Langhorne Creek and McLaren Vale.
"Sourcing the Penfolds Thomas Hyland wines from the Adelaide region is our way of showcasing the finest wines that the Adelaide region can produce from the only winery that truly calls Adelaide home," the company said yesterday (12 December).
Peter Gago, chief winemaker at Penfolds, said that the time was right to move to a geographical appellation for the brand, which was first introduced in 2001.
Non-executive director of Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA), Mel Ward, is to retire from the company later this year....
Foster's wine general manager for South East Asia has quit the company to join Te Kairanga....
It was the big names and the big deals that dominated the just-drinks headlines in this last week. Read on to see which stories attracted the most visitors over the last seven days....
Reports out of Australia this weekend have claimed that Coca-Cola Amatil could be gearing up for a major acquisition push, possibly for Foster's Group....
Lion Nathan New Zealand has today (16 May) announced it will raise the price of beer by 5.5%, wine by 3.9% and spirits by 5.3% with effect from 1 July....
Foster's Group has appointed a chief human resources officer, according to a recent filing with the Australian Stock Exchange....
Increased excise on pre-mixed spirits in Australia is expected to boost beer sales for Foster's and Lion Nathan....
Diageo Australia has applauded other producers of RTDs in their decision to introduce the two standard drink, a plan the company introduced in the country last year....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016