US: Peacock to leave Anheuser-Busch InBev - report
Anheuser-Busch InBev's US president, Dave Peacock, is to stand down and will be replaced by Luiz Edmond, according to a report.
Edmond, a native of Brazil, will combine the US position with his existing role of zone president for North America at the Budweiser brewer, according to Ad Age. Citing an internal memo sent to distributors, the publication said yesterday (23 January) that Peacock will continue to serve in an advisory role.
His departure as president comes amid a tough time for the US' largest brewer. Figures for 2011 are expected to show that Budweiser has lost its place as the country's second most popular beer to MillerCoors' Coors Light, within a shrinking overall market for mainstream lager brands.
A spokesperson for A-B InBev could not be immediately reached for comment.
Following the trajectory in other major markets, Brazil looks ripe for a round of beer consolidation to create a stronger number two behind Anheuser-Busch InBev's AmBev unit. It's an open question, ho...
For many observers, yesterday's speculation linking Anheuser-Busch InBev to a move for control of Grupo Modelo has come a bit sooner than expected. But, it has always been expected....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages