UK: Peach of a launch for Absolut
V&S Group has launched Absolut Apeach in the UK, the eighth flavoured vodka in the Absolut stable.
"I'm excited about how we, with Absolut Apeach, have developed a vodka with such a distinct smooth and sensual character," said Emelie Friis, marketing manager, Europe at V&S Absolut Spirits.
"We are confident that the launch will ensure the continuous success the Absolut vodka brand has seen within the premium flavoured vodka category ever since Absolut Citron was introduced in 1988."
Martin Price, marketing director of Abosolut's local distributor Maxxium UK, said sales of the Absolut flavours range were growing at 25% a year in the UK, as consumer demand for flavoured vodkas, long drinks and cocktails increased.
Absolut Apeach was first unveiled in the US last May. The Swedish spirits group uses the US market as a launch pad for its new flavours and last month began selling the grapefruit-flavoured Absolut Ruby Red across the Atlantic.
According to Martin Price, marketing director of Maxxium UK, sales of the Absolut flavours range are growing at 25% a year in the UK, as consumer demand for flavoured vodkas, long drinks and cocktails increased.
Combining genuine brand chic with selling millions of cases is to dream the impossible dream for most spirits executives, but for Bengt Baron, president and CEO of Absolut owners V&S Group, it is a re...
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
The Absolut Spirits Company has completed its acquisition of Cruzan International....
Cruzan International has received shareholder support for its pending merger with The Absolut Spirits Company....
A shareholders meeting to decide whether Cruzan International should approve a merger deal with majority stakeholder Absolut Spirits has been called by the company's board of directors....
V&S Absolut Spirits saw sales of its flagship vodka Absolut rise 9% last year on the back of surging sales outside the US....
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Heineken unveils global Desperados push
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets