USA: Peabodys Coffee Revises Arrosto Acquisition
Peabodys Coffee Inc., (OTCBB:PBDY) announced today it has entered into a revised Letter of Intent, dated May 1, 2000, to acquire certain assets, including the coffee roasting operation, of Arrosto Coffee Company, a specialty coffee company operating in southern California. Arrosto is a branded coffee chain and roaster originally developed and launched by KOO KOO ROO. Details of the acquisition were not disclosed. Elliott, Lane & Associates, Inc. introduced Arrosto Coffee to the company as an acquisition candidate in December of 1999, whereby a LOI was executed between the two companies. The new LOI has substantially restructured the asset purchase to eliminate all retail store operations from the transaction. Todd Tkachuk, President/CEO of Peabodys stated, "Our new agreement is far more favorable for both parties, eliminating high-street retailing from the equation and allowing us to stay focused on fast growth within our core segment of the market. We are not looking to bang heads with Starbucks - the specialty coffee market is robust and plenty diversified, offering growth and consolidation opportunities in our niche." Tkachuk added, "One of the assets we are acquiring from Arrosto is their coffee roasting operation that will be used to custom roast the Peabodys branded coffee for direct sale Business to Business and Business to Consumer from our website. Adding the roasting plant accomplishes our goal of securing our supply to support both our existing operations and the development of e-commerce via the internet." "We are currently in discussions with several other acquisition targets that we hope to bring to the table in the near future to help fuel our growth plans," said Tkachuk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends