USA: Peabodys Coffee Concludes Acquisition of Arrosto Coffee
Peabodys Coffee Inc., (OTCBB:PBDY) announced that it has concluded a transaction to acquire certain assets of Arrosto Coffee, Inc., a specialty coffee company operating in southern California. With the closure of this transaction, Peabodys Coffee has acquired the ability to roast its own custom coffee, substantively reducing its costs. The acquisition of the roasting plant will also support the planned entry into wholesaling and e-commerce. As part of the acquisition, Peabodys will take over the existing coffee supply contracts for the retail stores of Arrosto and the supply agreement for Koo Koo Roo and Hamburger Hamlet. Mr. Joe Konis former CEO of Arrosto coffee will join the Peabodys Coffee team and will become responsible for developing wholesaling and e-commerce. Todd Tkachuk, President/CEO of Peabodys, stated "the acquisition was a planned step to secure our supply in the fast growing US specialty coffee market - and to begin broadening our range of operations within that market." Peabodys Coffee is also continuing to explore a number of M & A opportunities in its existing "institutional" business segment. This release contains forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements. Readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which reflect management's view only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly revise these forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends