US: PBG seals Cadbury Schweppes licence deal
PBG said yesterday (28 March) that it had sealed a deal with Nor-Cal Beverage Co. The agreement was first announced in January. Financial details of the transaction have not been disclosed.
The deal will allow PBG to add the Dr Pepper, Squirt and Hawaiian Punch brands to its portfolio in 14 counties in Northern California.
Nor-Cal is a major independent contract packer of chilled juices and hot-fill beverages with production facilities in West Sacramento and Anaheim.
Calories from beverages shipped to schools has decreased due to the beverage industry's progress implementing the National School Beverage Guidelines....
Cadbury Schweppes has remained silent on reports that it has turned down a second offer for its US drinks business....
PepsiCo has heralded its latest addition to the Gatorade stable as "a whole new platform"....
Pepsi Bottling Group has confirmed that it is building a new production facility in Las Vegas....
Giant Eagle's purchase of the LeNature's plant in Latrobe could be aborted due to allegations that the grocery chain threatened another bidder....
PepsiAmericas has declined to comment on press reports suggesting the company is looking to team up with Quadrant European Beverages to acquire Bulgarian Pepsi Bottling company Agrima....
Cadbury Schweppes has denied that it has chosen to demerge its US drinks business as opposed to selling it outright....
Giant Eagle has pipped Cadbury Schweppes' Americas unit to acquire a bottling and water plant from bankrupt soft drinks company Le-Nature's in the US....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK