RUSSIA: PBG, PepsiCo completes Sobol acquisition
In the deal, originally announced in March, the companies said that PR Beverages will take control of Sobol's entire enterprise, including a Russia-based production facility which already co-packs various Pepsi products and manufactures its own brands.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
PBG president and CEO Eric Foss said: "The Sobol acquisition jumpstarts our manufacturing presence in the region and facilitates our expansion into Siberia and Eastern Russia. This investment will help our joint venture unlock new growth opportunities and position us well for continued success."
Sobol is a beverage manufacturing company based in Novosibirsk, Russia.
Childhood obesity is already a chronic problem and is forecast to escalate further during the next few decades. Soft drinks are frequently cited as one of the dietary villains behind this worrying tre...
Another whirlwind week on financial markets has coincided with a flurry of results statements from drinks firms. Have we learnt anything?...
Results from both Coca-Cola and PepsiCo this week show that the pendulum of power is swinging firmly from blue to red....
Branded bottled water looks like the early victim in the global economic downturn, following results from big hitters Nestle and Danone last week....
Higher drinks prices lifted net earnings and sales for PepsiAmericas in its third quarter, the soft drinks bottler has said....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has announced pricing of $1.3bn senior notes, in a move designed to boost finances....
A first round of bidding has taken place for Danone's Frucor drinks division, according to reports....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends