US: PBG appoints executive vice-president
The Pepsi Bottling Group said yesterday that its board of directors had elected L. Kevin Cox to the newly-created position of executive vice-president, effective immediately. Most recently, Cox served as senior vice president and chief personnel officer for PBG.
Cox, 40, will lead PBG's business development activities, primarily focusing on strengthening operating synergies among the Pepsi-Cola bottling system, Pepsi-Cola Company and their customers. He also will assume responsibility for PBG's business strategy, working closely with the company's three operating presidents on multi-year plans and objectives, the company said.
PBG's law department and information technology department, headed by senior vice-president and general counsel Pamela C. McGuire and senior vice-president and chief information officer Neal A. Bronzo respectively, will report to Cox, as well as the company's human resources function.
John T. Cahill, PBG chairman and CEO, said, "Kevin Cox is one of our most talented senior executives, bringing to the table a powerful combination of visionary thinking and results-oriented leadership. Over the past five years, Kevin has built a world-class Human Resources function, while at the same time making significant contributions in the integration of new territories and the development of our strategic plan. In expanding his responsibilities, we will benefit more broadly from his business acumen and insights.
"Kevin's depth of knowledge of the bottling business and his ability to forge strong partnerships across the organisation will serve him well in this new position."
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has agreed a deal with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts which will see Pepsi become the official beverage at numerous Hershey resorts including Hersheypark, The Hotel Her...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed a new independent auditor....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
Cadbury Schweppes plans to add Splenda artificial sweetener to Diet 7 Up next month....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014