GLOBAL: Patron Tequila flies with British Airways
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured a listing for Patrón Tequila onboard the duty-free programme of British Airways’ long-haul flights.
The Tequila brand is already available on several major airlines including American Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. The British Airways listing potentially exposes Patrón to 1.1m passengers per year.
Patrón vice-president for Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Mike Hill, said: “High profile, important duty-free listings such as this recent success with British Airways is further evidence that retailers have discovered the profit and cachet potential of providing Patrón.”
Patrón will also be advertising in British Airways’ High Life magazine.
Duty-free sales of Patrón rose 30% last year and the brand is now available at 114 airports worldwide.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban