GLOBAL: Patron Tequila flies with British Airways
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured a listing for Patrón Tequila onboard the duty-free programme of British Airways’ long-haul flights.
The Tequila brand is already available on several major airlines including American Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. The British Airways listing potentially exposes Patrón to 1.1m passengers per year.
Patrón vice-president for Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Mike Hill, said: “High profile, important duty-free listings such as this recent success with British Airways is further evidence that retailers have discovered the profit and cachet potential of providing Patrón.”
Patrón will also be advertising in British Airways’ High Life magazine.
Duty-free sales of Patrón rose 30% last year and the brand is now available at 114 airports worldwide.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts