GLOBAL: Patron Tequila flies with British Airways
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured a listing for Patrón Tequila onboard the duty-free programme of British Airways’ long-haul flights.
The Tequila brand is already available on several major airlines including American Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. The British Airways listing potentially exposes Patrón to 1.1m passengers per year.
Patrón vice-president for Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Mike Hill, said: “High profile, important duty-free listings such as this recent success with British Airways is further evidence that retailers have discovered the profit and cachet potential of providing Patrón.”
Patrón will also be advertising in British Airways’ High Life magazine.
Duty-free sales of Patrón rose 30% last year and the brand is now available at 114 airports worldwide.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends