US: Patron Spirits acquires Ultimat vodka
The Patrón Spirits Company has acquired the global distribution rights of the Ultimat vodka portfolio from Adamba Imports International.
The importer and marketer of the Patrón tequila brand said today (22 October) that it will acquire the rights to the Ultimat brands worldwide and will offer Ultimat to its domestic, international and duty free distribution partners.
The Ultimat portfolio, which is bottled in Poland, includes Ultimat 80 proof, Ultimat Black Cherry and Ultimat Chocolate Vanilla within its portfolio. Ultimar currently retails at US$50 for 750ml.
Patrón Spirits president and CEO Ed Brown said: "The similarities between the Ultimat and Patrón brands are striking. Ultimat vodka and Patrón tequila are both leading ultra-premium brands, meticulously handcrafted to be the best quality, best tasting spirits in their category. We're honoured to add this incredibly produced and beautifully packaged vodka to our growing portfolio of top-shelf spirits. Like Patrón in the early 1990s, Ultimat is very much still in its infancy, and we see tremendous potential to increase awareness and build this brand across the globe."
Adamba Imports president Adam Bak added: "Over the past five years, sales of Ultimat have increased at about 20% annually, and are forecasting to continue this climb. Ultimat vodka is undoubtedly at the cusp of becoming the next hot spirits brand, and to take it to this exceedingly competitive level, the people to do it are the highly experienced and committed industry experts at The Patrón Spirits Company."
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Patrón's portfolio now includes Ultimat vodka, Patrón tequila and Pyrat rum.
Consumer markets may be bracing themselves for the impact of the economic downturn, but Patrón Spirits Company has no intention of being deflected from its marketing-led growth strategy. In this month...
Malt whisky continues to outpace the growth of blended Scotch and its leading brands are putting in stellar performances. But as a new report from just-drinks explains, a closer look reveals a categor...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover. The French Champagne and spirits group said today (17 April) that organic growth for the 12 months to 31 March came in 9.7% % up year-on-...
Belvedere has confirmed it has held talks with a major distillery in Russia in an effort to "strengthen its position in the vodka market"....
The head of Beam Global Spirits & Wine has said the company has "a lot of dry powder", and will consider other acquisitions following its failure to capture Vin & Sprit earlier this month....
Belvedere Vodka has teamed up with Jade Jagger to launch an 18-carat white gold ice pick, studded with 12-carats of cut diamonds....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research