US/MEXICO: Patron piggybacks Bacardi in Mexico
Patrón Spirits has switched distribution of its products in Mexico to Bacardi.
The US-based company, known for its namesake Tequila brand, said yesterday (8 October) that it has secured a strategic agreement in Bacardi, which owns an unspecified minority stake in Patron.
Patrón, which had previously handled distribution in Mexico itself, will now focus on high-end restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels and premium retail locations in Mexico's key markets. Previously, the brand was only available in selected cities, duty free, and other outlets in the country.
"Mexico is one of our most important markets as we continue to expand Patrón's presence worldwide," said Joe Arellano, Patrón's vice president for travel retail and Latin America. "With Bacardi Mexico, we will greatly benefit from their commercial and brand building acumen, as well as their well-developed local consumer insight."
The two companies will support Patrón's brands in Mexico with public relations and trade efforts. The companies will also utilise Patrón's distillery and guest hacienda, the 'Hacienda del Patrón' in Jalisco, for trade visits, trainings and other incentives.
Patron launched its brands in Mexico around four years ago.
Last year, Bacardi acquired what it said at the time was a "significant" - albeit unspecified - minority stake in Patrón Spirits.
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand....
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured a listing for Patrón Tequila onboard the duty-free programme of British Airways' long-haul flights....
UK cocktail ingredient firm Funkin has said it will invest US$500,000 in its expansion in the US....
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Coca-Cola Amatil names new CFO
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly