SWITZ: Patrón Spirits unveils new international president
Patrón is aiming to boost its global presence
Patrón Spirits has appointed a president for its international operations to boost the group's on-going global expansion.
John McDonnell, who has been the company's COO since 2005, will also take on the newly-created role of international president, the luxury spirits group announced today (3 January). Patrón confirmed that McDonnell will continue as COO as well as fulfilling his new duties.
“As our brands and our company continues to gain momentum in international markets, it’s important that we devote all available resources into growing our global business and international market share,” said McDonnell, who is now based in the company's global HQ in Switzerland.
Patrón's brands are in more than 130 countries.
McDonnell is also chairman of the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS), having been appointed last February.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends