FRANCE: Patrón Spirits hands distribution to Bacardi
Bacardi also distributes Patrón in Italy
Bacardi-Martini France has taken over distribution of Patrón Spirits' Tequila, liqueur, and vodka portfolio in the country.
The French distribution arm of Bacardi replaced previous distributor CBH on 1 September, Bacardi-Martini France said yesterday (12 September). The company is handling Patrón's Ultimat Vodka and Patrón Tequila range across France while CBH will continue to distribute the Pyrat rum portfolio.
The Patrón Tequilas that are now handled by Bacardi-Martini France include liqueurs Patrón XO Cafe and Patrón Citrónge.
Bacardi's MD for France and Italy, Sylvie Hénon-Badoinot said the transition “should be smooth” as the Bermuda-based, family-owned company already distributes Patrón in Italy and other countries, including Mexico.
Bacardi is a minority stake holder in Patrón, having bought an unspecified share in 2008.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
SPI Group has confirmed the appointment of Southern Wine & Spirits of America as the distributor of its vodka portfolio in six more US states....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China