US: Patrón Spirits Company signs up to DISCUS
Patrón Spirits Company has joined the Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS), in the US.
The trade association, which represents distillers in the country, confirmed yesterday (6 November) that Patrón will become a member of DISCUS from 1 January.
"We welcome the Patrón Spirits Company, one of the fastest growing and most respected liquor producers, into the Distilled Spirits Council," said DISCUS' CEO, Peter Cressy.
"This is a critical moment for the industry and we look forward to pursuing the many challenges we face with the strong support of Patrón and its management team. They have proven their mettle in the marketplace and now they will bring that expertise onto our board."
Patrón's COO, John McDonnell, added: "We are joining forces with America's most important distillers and suppliers in the effort to achieve responsible market access and especially to fight the threat of increased state and federal taxes on our hospitality industry. In these tough economic times, we need everyone working together."
Patrón's portfolio includes its namesake Tequila brand, Pyrat rum and Ultimat vodka.
Already a growth spirits category, the rum sector is unquestionably made all the more interesting for the presence of Havana Club. In this month's just the answer, Olly Wehring spoke with Marc Beuve-M...
Increased investment by multinationals is transforming the rum sector which, according to a new report from just-drinks and IWSR, could be the next "hot" international spirits category. Ben Cooper rep...
Fortune Brands has reported a 93% dive in first quarter net profits, with sales at Beam Global Spirits & Wine down by more than 5%....
UK vodka sales will rise to GBP2bn (US$2.92bn) by 2013, but the pace of growth is set to slow, according to the latest research from Mintel....
Pernod Ricard's Malibu drink is to be the official spirits sponsor of the 2009 Association of Volleyball Professionals Crocs Tour....
The Sauza Tequila distillery in Mexico, owned by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has receieved a certificate in recognition of its social responsibility commitments....
21st Century Spirits has secured the US importation and marketing rights for two Tequila brands from Agave Tequilana Productores....
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured distribution for its spirits portfolio in Lebanon....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends