US: Patrón Spirits boosts travel retail presence
Patrón Spirits has secured three further listings for its namesake Tequila brand in the travel retail channel.
The US-based company said yesterday (13 August) that it has finalised an agreement with Duty Free World to include Patrón Tequila in its duty free catalogue on board international flights on United Airlines and USAirways.
The brand has also been approved by Tourvest Duty Free for inclusion in the next retail programme on board Virgin Atlantic Airways.
Patrón said it will support the listings with various promotional and advertising executions, including in-flight and online.
"On USAirways, Patrón is currently one of their top-selling spirits in on-board retail sales," said Joe Arellano, Patrón's vice president of travel retail and Latin America.
The brand has been available in the travel retail sector for four years and is now available in 112 airports worldwide and almost 700 total duty free outlets.
In addition to these new airline listings, Patrón has recently secured agreements with Gebr. Heinemann for its German airports, as well as Prague and Istanbul, and with Autogrill for inclusion in its stores in Madrid, Malaga, Barcelona, and Ibiza, as well as Cancun, Mexico.
Patrón recently launched a global travel retail 'Fruit Cocktail' campaign. The programme began as a summer initiative and will continue through the rest of the year.
The one consistent prediction coming from everyone's crystal ball is that 2010 is going to be a tough year for the global wine industry. Chris Losh, however, believes that the next 12 months will stil...
Liviko, the Estonia-based drinks group, has signed a deal to distribute Bacardi-Martini products in Latvia....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the drinks arm of Fortune Brands, has appointed its first vice president for whiskey....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020